Lab tests are advised for proper diagnosis of disease. Medical officer may compare recent lab results with previous ones. Sometimes lab tests are often done for routine checkup to monitor health conditions of individuals. Lab tests help doctors to plan or
evaluate treatments, and monitor diseases.
AFIP is equipped with latest technology to provide diagnostic facility for more than one thousand lab tests. Dedicated staff of AFIP at reception is available round the clock 24/7 to assist patients and perform sample collection. All samples collected at reception are transported to respective department for analysis within the specified time.
When laboratory tests are advised to a patient by a Medical officer, patient visits AFIP Reception. While visiting AFIP Reception it is advised that patient should bring ... Read More
To achieve quality of lab results, it is necessary that patients should prepare for lab tests as directed by prescribing doctors or Medical officer at AFIP Reception. ... Read More
- Chemical Pathology
- Chemical Pathology & Endocrinology is state of the art department with TLA (Total Lab Automation) providing diagnostic facilities round the clock backed up with stringent QC (Quality Control)
Competent consultants and staff are working round the clock for the provision of diagnostic facilities in accordance with ISO 15189 standards meeting the international levels.
Endocrine clinic has the capabilities of latest diagnostic modalities equipped to perform various dynamic function tests....
- Forensic Medical Sciences Laboratory (FMSL) was established at AFIP in 2012. This laboratory comprises two sections namely: Forensic Toxicology and Forensic DNA.
FMSL was established to provide a centralized facility for consistent, timely and quality forensic laboratory investigations including toxicology and DNA in military setting. Toxicology section is equipped with the latest state of the art technology for the initial screening and subsequent confirmation of multiple toxicology paramete...
- Department of Haematology provides a comprehensive, integrated and patient centered services for the diagnosis and management of benign and malignant haematological conditions for inpatients and outpatients. These include anaemias, haemoglobinopathies, coagulation disorders, leukaemias and lymphomas. Department is committed to the provision of a quality laboratory and clinical service.
Department is divided into the following sections:
i. Routine Haematology
ii. Bone marrow Pathology
- Histopathology Department of AFIP Rawalpindi is one of the oldest histopathology centers in the country. This department deals with cases of morbid anatomy, cytological specimens and autopsy specimens for histopathology with almost workload of 30,000 biopsy specimens, 4,000 FNAC/Cytology specimens and 150 autopsy specimens annually.
Histopathology Department is recognized by CPSP Pakistan and PMDC for post-graduate training purposes including FCPS and PhD of the highest quality. A large numbe...
- With the advent of new millennium, Immunology services at AFIP have advanced at a fast pace. Thanks to growing awareness about the availability of these services by the clinicians as well as the emergence of centres like AFBMTC. DNA based HLA typing procedure received a huge impetus with the start of bone marrow transplant services. Workload and work pattern necessitated procurement of many new reagents and instruments. These acquisitions ranged from small gadgets like pH meter, nephelometer, CO...
- Department of Microbiology is well known for its efficient and reliable microbiological services to individual patients and the hospitals. This department deals with all kinds of routine and specialized microbiological testing of clinical specimens with supreme professionalism, dedication and commitment.
Latest bacterial identification biochemical panels identify the isolates and complete set of respective drug sensitivity is performed. Culture and processing of most valuable sample of blood...
- Molecular Pathology
- Department of Molecular Medicine at Armed Forces Institute of Pathology was established by Maj Gen (R) Suhaib Ahmed, Professor of Haematology in 1984, as a single room laboratory. It started with conventional PCR for beta thalassmeia. Presently it provides facilities for molecular genetic testing for both benign and malignant conditions. Well qualified and experienced laboratory directors, scientific officers and technicians here are leaders in the field of molecular testing in Pakistan, who con...
- Nuclear Medical Centre AFIP is state of the art centre for nuclear medicine, molecular imaging & radionuclide therapy, which is committed to improve health through excellence in image-based patient care, research and education. Department is ISO 9001 certified and is functioning under license for use of radionuclides from Pakistan Nuclear Regulatory Authority (PNRA). In General Nuclear Medicine and Cardiology, the radioactive pharmaceuticals with specific functions throughout the body are admini...
- Virology is a rapidly expanding field of medicine, and Virology Department in AFIP plays a very vital role in assisting physicians about the diagnosis of viral infections. This department provides specialized tertiary care diagnostic facilities in the field of Medical Virology to both Armed Forces personnel and civilians. We have a wide variety of serological, immunofluorescence and PCR-based tests. Serology section includes important parameters like hepatitis screening, complete Hepatitis B Vi...
Germs are everywhere! They can get onto your hands and items you touch throughout the day. Washing hands at key times with soap and water is one of the most important st... Read More